Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Rainforest, Suspension bridge, Springs

Talk about neat. My friend and I climbed onto the boat that would take us to the plantation. By now, we’d become pretty chummy with the other group of women our age, so we tried to stick together. All of us managed to get on board together and were taken to a banana plantation. It’s funny to see bananas on a tree and not just on a store display. We had a quick lunch and then got back onto the buses.

Our next stop was really quite quick. I wish we could have spent a little more time at the Selva Verde Rainforest Preserve. We did have a few minutes to get out and explore the huge suspension bridge. I’d advise against it if you are even slightly scared of heights like me. I let my friends pressure me into it, but boy did I feel nauseous after taking about four steps, so I returned to land! We reboarded shortly after in our journey onward.

The rest of the day was spent riding the bus to Fortuna in San Carlos Valley. Today was a little more tedious than others. Thankfully, they did stop periodically so that we could get out and stretch our legs.

Our hotel stop that night brought us to Arenal Springs, a newer hotel that is the most memorable place on the trip. Views of the Arenal volcano can be had from most anywhere in the hotel. Gardens thrived everywhere, including the mini-garden in our bathroom. It was pretty cool!

No comments: