Friday, October 27, 2006

Rainforest Aerial Tram

After breakfast, we hopped in to bus and drove to Braulio Carrillo Park. The bus trip seemed a little long, perhaps I was growing tired of riding the bus, but it is a necessary means of transportation, so there isn’t much that can be done. At Braulio Carrillo Park, I did see the most amazing waterfalls. They were simply breathtaking. Some birds hung around so that we could see their bright colors.


The next main attraction in our tour was the tram into the rainforest. Again, wow! The plants and wildlife were amazing. We did get to walk through the rainforest for a little while, though I wish it could have lasted for hours. I loved this part of the trip. My friend wasn’t as happy with the mosquitoes, but it’s the Rainforest, what did she expect?!


We stopped for lunch before entering into the next phase of our trip. We all got to view a butterfly garden, again packed with colors, before boarding boats. The next leg of this trip involved boating down rivers and canals to the Tortuguero National Park. I saw toucans and parrots, but never did get to see the green macaw that the tour guide kept talking about.


That night, we all were assigned rooms at the Laguna Lodge. Talk about luxurious! Surrounded by rain forest, the scenery was awesome. The hotel happened to be right near the beach, so my friend and I joined another group of people around our age who had decided to go tour the grounds. The beach is famed for being a nesting ground for Green Sea Turtles.

No comments: