Monday, November 06, 2006

Costa Rica's prettiest park

After a delicious breakfast, we were taken to Manuel Antonio , acclaimed to be Costa Rica’s prettiest park. I think I would agree. We spent most of the morning hiking and swimming in the ocean.

The hike was most memorable as the trails were frequented by spider monkeys. They did not seem to show fear at all. According to our guide, this area is the last natural habitat for these monkeys. I found that quite sad.

After lunch, we were taken back to our hotels were we could spend the day doing whatever intrigued us. We got rides into town and spent the day doing some shopping and sightseeing on our own. Jaco is a pleasant area.

After our afternoon out, we returned for another satisfying dinner and then enjoyed some time on the beach watching the tide. All in all, I think this was perhaps my favorite area of the trip.

1 comment:

Travel Blog said...

Costa Rica is a great place specially the beaches. I hope to witness the how pretty the park is. Thanks for sharing this experience.